Go to the Spring Arts Tower at 5th and Spring in Los Angeles to find more than 250,000 books positioned creatively in a variety of displays across two floors. As a pushback against e-books go and enjoy actual books, including rare books and VINYL records at one of the world’s largest independent bookstores (2005).
Books offer so many benefits:
- transport us to delightful experiences and lands
- provide entertainment for individuals
- teach us about new subjects and topics
- remind us about our and other histories
- introduce us to new ideas and concepts
- challenge us regarding our current beliefs and value systems
- offer us spiritual guidance so that we may find peace and understanding
I love to touch old books – the tactile experience is great. I love the smell of the pages in old books, as well as the worn pages from readers’ fingers before me. I do not get those sensory experiences from e-books.
The owner of The Last Bookstore has creatively displayed the thousands of books throughout the bookstore – as wall hangings, as a lighted tunnel, as walls, the torn and crumpled pages are displayed as a bush in a pot, as interesting windows through which one may peer and discover, and more.
I found great joy in the visit to The Last Bookstore. Go and check it out! Enjoy, with gratitude.